Error starting the game
Various error messages can be displayed when you start the game.
One example is an incorrectly installed (or absent) Microsoft Visual C++ networking component.
To solve this problem, follow the steps below.
Instructions for 32-bit versions of Windows
Instructions for 64-bit versions of Windows
To determine whether your system is 32 or 64 bit, make use of the information in the following article.
The error that is displayed may be different.
If this is the case, investigate the processes Windows is currently running.
The following possible conflicts are known to occur between other processes and the game:
- Booster programs (Game Booster), which optimize your computer’s resources.
- Antivirus software (firewalls or filters).
- Programs which use overlays (Overwolf).
To rule out errors from conflicting programs:
- Do a “clean boot” of Windows and check to see if the problem still exists.
- When launching the game, fully disable your antivirus software and add the game client as a firewall exception.
If the above steps have failed to resolve your problem starting the game, there are some additional steps you can try.
They are listed on the page “Could not initialize the game”.
Still have questions? Contact our experts