How to perform a "clean" boot of your system
To perform a "clean" Windows boot, follow these instructions:
- Ensure that you are logged into your system as an Administrator.
- On your keyboard, press the "Win + R" key combination ("Win" is the key that looks like a Windows OS logo).
- In a window that opens. type "msconfig.exe" (without quotes).
- In the "System Configuration" window that appears on the "General" tab, select the option "Selective Startup" and uncheck the "Load startup items" option.
- On the "Services" tab, check the "Do not display Microsoft services" check box, and then click the "Disable All" button.
Immidiately before starting the game, disable programs that are not necessary for Windows (browsers, torrents, programs for communication), temporarily disable antivirus and firewall.
If something goes wrong, you can return the startup settings to the original configuration. To do this, follow steps 1-3 from the instructions above and in the appeared "System Configuration" window select the item "Normal start".
If clean boot helps to solve the problem, you should perform it before every game start. Also, you can try disabling programs and processes one by one to determine which program causes a problem with the game.